The Seventh Annual Executive Branch Review Conference will take place on Wednesday, May 8 at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, D.C. This day-long conference will feature plenary panels, addresses, and breakout panels that will examine a Regulatory Reform "Report Card."
9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Welcome & Plenary Session: Regulatory Reform Report Card: Agency General Counsel Perspective
- Hon. Steven G. Bradbury, General Counsel, U.S. Department of Transportation
- Mr. George H. Fibbe, Deputy General Counsel, U.S. Department of Energy
- Hon. Hon. Matthew Z. Leopold, General Counsel, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Hon. Brent J. McIntosh, General Counsel, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Hon. Stephen A. Vaden, General Counsel, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Moderator: Prof. Adam White, Assistant Professor and Executive Director, The C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University
10:40 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
How the Federal Government Litigates Cases--Sponsored by the Federalism & Separation of Powers Practice Group
- Hon. Paul D. Clement, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Hon. W. Neil Eggleston, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Hon. Scott Keller, Partner, Baker Botts LLP
Corporate Responsibility: Maximizing Shareholder Benefit v. Social Justice--Co-sponsored by the Corporations & Antitrust and Financial Services Practice Groups
Division of Authority: DOJ Antitrust; the FTC; the FCC; USPTO--Co-sponsored by the Intellectual Property and Telecommunications Practice Groups
- Hon. Makan Delrahim, Assistant Attorney General, Antitrust Division, U.S. Department of Justice
- Hon. Andrei Iancu, Director, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Luncheon Program--Remarks followed by Panel
Hon. Mick Mulvaney
Director, Office of Management and Budget;
Acting White House Chief of Staff
Revisiting Judicial Deference--Co-sponsored by the Federalism & Separation of Powers and Litigation Practice Groups
- Mr. Roman Martinez, Partner, Latham & Watkins LLP
- Prof. David Vladeck, A.B. Chettle Chair in Civil Procedure, Georgetown University Law Center
- Prof. Adam White, Assistant Professor and Executive Director, The C. Boyden Gray Center for the Study of the Administrative State, Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University
2:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Alphabet Soup: EEOC v. OCR v. DOL OFCCP--Sponsored by the Civil Rights Practice Group
- Prof. Gail L. Heriot, Commissioner, United States Commission on Civil Rights; Professor of Law, University of San Diego School of Law
- Mr. Craig E. Leen, Director, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), U.S. Department of Labor
The Trump Administration’s Proposed Redefinition of “Navigable Waters” – Too Much, Too Little, or Just Right?--Sponsored by the Environmental Law & Property Rights Practice Group
- Hon. Jeffrey Clark, Assistant Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division
- Mr. Jon Devine, Director, Federal Water Policy, Water Division, Nature Program, Natural Resources Defense Council, Inc.
- Mr. Tony Francois, Senior Attorney, Pacific Legal Foundation
- Moderator: Prof. Jonathan H. Adler, Johan Verheij Memorial Professor of Law, Director, Center for Business Law & Regulation, Case Western Reserve University School of Law
4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
There are a limited number of room nights available at The Mayflower Hotel for the Executive Branch Review Conference. Please use this link to make a reservation or call the hotel at 202-347-3000 and mention the Federalist Society for our $349 rate.
Back to top