Listen & Download
Cyber threats were the first identified Global Threat in the U.S. Intelligence Community Worldwide Threat Assessment issued in March 2013. Many cybersecurity proposals feature information sharing and enhanced regulation of critical infrastructure industries as the best measures to prevent and mitigate cyber attacks. Can information sharing improve security while protecting privacy? Can regulatory measures help, without imposing excessive burdens on business?
- Mr. Gus P. Coldebella, Partner, Goodwin Procter LLP and former Acting General Counsel, Department of Homeland Security
- Ms. Michelle Richardson, Legislative Counsel, American Civil Liberties Union
- Prof. Nathan A. Sales, George Mason University School of Law and former Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy Development, Department of Homeland Security
- Comments and Questions by: Mr. John Reed, Staff Writer, National Security, Foreign Policy Magazine
- Moderator: Mr. Dean A. Reuter, Vice President & Director of Practice Groups, The Federalist Society