On May 27, 2020, the Federalist Society's Houston and Austin lawyers chapters co-hosted a Zoom dialogue to discuss "The Future of Originalism". The panelists explored Prof. Adrian Vermeule's proposal for "common-good constitutionalism" to replace originalism as an approach to constitutional interpretation.
- Prof. F. H. Buckley, Foundation Professor, Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University
- Josh Hammer, Opinion Editor at Newsweek, Of Counsel at First Liberty Institute, & syndicated columnist
- Prof. Ilan Wurman, Visiting Assistant Professor, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Arizona State University
- Moderator: Hon. Andrew Oldham, Judge, United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Introduction: April Farris, Partner, Yetter Coleman LLP
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speakers.