On May 19, 2021 the Nashville and Chattanooga Lawyers Chapters co-hosted a discussion on the free exercise clause from Employment Division v. Smith to Fulton v. City of Philadelphia.
- Lori Windham, Senior Counsel at The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty (lead counsel in Fulton v. City of Philadelphia, Little Sisters of the Poor v. Azar, Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, and Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran School v. EEOC)
- Prof. Richard W. Garnett, Paul J. Schierl/Fort Howard Corporation Professor of Law and Political Science & Director, Program on Church, State & Society, Notre Dame Law School
- Prof. Kody Cooper, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science and Public Service, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
- Moderator: Hon. Katherine A. Crytzer, United States District Judge for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- Introductions: Alan Jackson, Spears, Moore, Rebman & Williams, P.C.; The Federalist Society's Chattanooga Lawyers Chapter
* * * * *
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.