Listen & Download
A number of commentators have noted an expansion of the use of disparate impact analysis in the federal government to areas other than employment. Examples of increased application are often cited in education, government contracting, and auto financing, to name a few. Our panel of experts will discuss whether or not there has been such an increase, and, if so, what the ramifications may be.
The Civil Rights Practice Group hosted this panel on "Use of Disparate Impact Analysis" on Friday, November 15, during the 2013 National Lawyers Convention.
Civil Rights: Use of Disparate Impact Analysis
12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m.
- Prof. Reva Siegel, Nicholas deB. Katzenbach Professor of Law, Yale Law School
- Prof. William R. Yeomans, Fellow in Law and Government, American University Washington College of Law
- Mr. Roger Clegg, President and General Counsel, Center for Equal Opportunity
- Hon. Kenneth L. Marcus, President, the Louis D. Brandeis Center for Human Rights
- Moderator: Hon. William F. Kuntz, II, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York