On September 10, 2020, The Federalist Society's Triangle and Cape Fear Lawyers Chapters hosted a Forum for the upcoming North Carolina Supreme Court elections.
- Moderator: Donna Martinez - Vice President of Marketing and Communications, John Locke Foundation
Running for Seat 1/Chief Justice:
- Chief Justice Cheri Beasley (D) - North Carolina Supreme Court, Incumbent
- Justice Paul Newby (R) - North Carolina Supreme Court
Running for Seat 2:
- Judge Lucy Inman (D) - North Carolina Court of Appeals
- Judge Phil Berger, Jr. (R) - North Carolina Court of Appeals
Running for Seat 4:
- Justice Mark Davis (D) - North Carolina Supreme Court, Incumbent
- Sen. Tamara Barringer (R) - Candidate, North Carolina Supreme Court
* * * * *
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.