This Deep Dive episode brings you the recording of the second panel from the Pepperdine Law Review's 2019 Symposium "Regulating Tech: Present Challenges and Possible Solutions".
In this panel, the speakers debate varying standards for antitrust rule-making and enforcement. The merits of the Neo-Brandeisian "populist" approach are weighed against more recent "consumer-welfare" standards.
- Geoffrey A. Manne, Executive Director, International Center for Law & Economics
- William Rinehart, Director of Technology and Innovation Policy, American Action Forum
- Hal Singer, Managing Director, Econ One
- Joanna Tsai, Vice President, Charles River Associates
- [Moderator] Babette E. Boliek, Chief Economist, Federal Communications Commission and Professor of Law, Pepperdine School of Law
Visit our website – RegProject.org – to learn more, view all of our content, and connect with us on social media.