Please join the New York City Young Lawyers Chapter for a reception and program, co-sponsored by the Manhattan Institute, at the 3 West Club.
The speakers will discuss the Supreme Court term for 2021. The Court's docket includes major cases involving abortion, civil rights, criminal law, free expression and religious liberty, copyright, immigration, national security, the Second Amendment, and matters of constitutional structure. The full list of cases granted thus far for the upcoming term can be viewed on SCOTUSblog
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
6:30 - 8:30 PM
6:30 - 7:30 PM: Reception with cash bar
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM: Program
Members: No Cost
- Sarah M. Harris, Partner, Williams & Connolly
- Ilya Shapiro, Vice President and Director, Robert A. Levy Center for Constitutional Studies, Cato Institute
- Prof. Troy McKenzie, Assistant Professor, New York University School of Law
- James R. Copland, Director, Center for Legal Policy, Manhattan Institute for Policy Research
- Hon. Steven Menashi (Moderator), U.S. Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Note: New York City is requiring proof of vaccination for venues. Please provide a copy of your vaccine card along with a valid photo ID. These will be checked at the 3 West Club prior to entry.