On October 9, 1996, the Federalist Society's student chapter at Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans, LA hosted its annual James Madison Lecture, featuring former attorney general Edwin Meese III as the keynote speaker.
- Moderator: Justice Harry T. Lemmon, Louisiana Supreme Court
- Introductory Remarks: Harvey C. Koch, Partner, Koch & Rouse
- Introduction: Verne Spears, Member, The Federalist Society
- Edwin Meese III, Distinguished Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
- Judge Martin Leach-Cross Feldman, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Judge Edith Brown Clement, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Judge Eldon Fallon, United Stats District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- Prof. Paul Bayer, Louisiana State University Law Center
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.