Along with the "crypto crackdown" by financial regulators in the wake of huge cryptocurrency losses and bankruptcies, Congress is discussing crypto legislation.
The House Financial Services Committee has a new Subcommittee on Digital Assets, Financial Technology and Inclusion chaired by Congressman French Hill (R-AR). Chairman Hill will join us for a keynote presentation, followed by an expert panel discussion. Among other questions, the webinar will consider: Will there be crypto legislation? What might it and what should it provide or not provide? What will be the most contentious issues? What related oversight should Congress provide?
J.C. Boggs will moderate the program and the panel will feature Dina Ellis Rochkind, Alexandra Harrison Gaiser, Patrick McCarty, and Patrick Daugherty.
- The Honorable J. French Hill, U.S. Congressman (AR-02) and Chairman, Digital Assets, Financial Technology and Inclusion Subcommittee of the House Committee on Financial Services
- Dina Ellis Rochkind, Counsel, Government Affairs and Strategy, Paul Hastings
- Alexandra Harrison Gaiser, Director of Regulatory Affairs, River Financial
- Patrick McCarty, President, McCarty Financial, LLC and Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown Law
- Patrick Daugherty, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP and Adjunct Professor, Cornell Law School
- Moderator: J.C. Boggs, Partner, Government Advocacy and Public Policy, King & Spalding
To register, click the link above.
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.