The Federalist Society offers a unique opportunity to acquire one hour’s worth of ethics CLE credit.
Professional Responsibility experts will present on the following topics and answer questions from the call-in audience:
- Hunter v. Virginia Bar (legal blogs as revealing confidences and possibly as improper advertising)
- Celgard v. LG Chemicals (direct adversity conflicts and the bleed of that principle into material limitation conflicts)
- Confidential communications with law firm in-house counsel to discuss issues, such as conflicts and duty to inform clients re: malpractice
- Williams-Yulee v. Florida Bar (political involvement by judges and the scope of state regulation of judicial candidate fundraising)
- Advertising by attorneys that conveys “judges like me best.”
- The United States Department of Justice’s recent policy against allowing prosecutors to condition guilty pleas on waiver of ineffective assistance claims and other cases requiring prosecutors to protect rights of defendants.
- W. William Hodes, The William Hodes Law Firm
- Prof. Thomas D. Morgan, Oppenheim Professor Emeritus of Antitrust and Trade Regulation Law, George Washington University Law School
- Prof. Ronald D. Rotunda, Doy & Dee Henley Chair and Distinguished Professor of Jurisprudence, Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law
Call begins at 12:00 noon Eastern Time.
Teleforum calls are open to all dues paying members of the Federalist Society. To become a member, sign up here. As a member, you should receive email announcements of upcoming Teleforum calls which contain the conference call phone number. If you are not receiving those email announcements, please contact us at 202-822-8138.
One hour of ethics CLE available in some jurisdictions pending approval*
$25 for CLE (Federalist Society members)
$50 for CLE (non-Federalist Society members)
Registration for CLE credit is required.
Attendance must be verified during the presentation.**
No registration or fee is required if you are not seeking CLE credit.
*Please note that while we have applied for CLE credit approval in several states, we have not applied in all states. Note that CLE will not be available in, among others, the following states: Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Please check your confirmation email for the link to the webpage to download all CLE Materials including the Certificate of Attendance, Evaluation Form, and Written Materials.
Return to this registration page on May 13 at 12:00 p.m. ET no earlier than 5 minutes before the call to access the online sign-in form for attendance verification. Please make sure to electronically sign in at the beginning of the call, preferably within the first 5 minutes of the call.
Listen for the "Unique Program Code" during the call and enter that code on your certificate of attendance to verify your attendance.
Fax (202-627-1237) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your certificate of attendance and evaluation form within 15 days of the program.