On August 13, 1999, the Federalist Society's Criminal Law & Procedure Practice Group sponsored a panel at the National Press Club in Washington, DC. The panel considered the question "Did the Law Cause Columbine?".
- Introduction: Justice George Nicholson, California Court of Appeal, Third District
- Moderator: Troy Eid, Chief Counsel to Gov. Bill Owens (CO)
- Chief Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson, United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- Ann Beeson, Staff Attorney, ACLU
- Michael J. Horowitz, Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute
- Prof. William F. Kilpatrick, Boston College
- James A. Rapp, Editor in Chief, Education Law
As always, the Federalist Society takes no position on particular legal or public policy issues; all expressions of opinion are those of the speaker.