In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents State Court Docket Watch. This newsletter is one component of the State Courts Project, presenting original research on state court jurisprudence and illustrating new trends and ground-breaking decisions in the state courts. This edition contains articles on the high courts of California, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
- California Supreme Court Broadly Construes Unfair Competition Law by John Querio
- New York's Highest Court Narrows the Assumption of Risk Defense to Tort Liability by Jodi S. Balsam
- North Carolina Appellate Court Questions the Constitutionality of Campus Police at Universities with Religious Heritages in State v. Yencer by Robert Numbers
- Better Alive than Dead: PA Supreme Court: Guardians Cannot Refuse Treatment for Mentally Challenged by Thomas Forr
- Habeas Petitioner Denied Use of Sentence Reduction Credits in Jones v. Keller by Daniel Morton-Bentley
- New Jersey Supreme Court Requires Police to Give Breathalyzer Warnings in Foreign Languages by Eric H. Jaso