The creators of the award-winning documentary, They Say It Can’t Be Done, in partnership with the Federalist Society’s Regulatory Transparency Project, present It Can Be Done Live – a conversation between entrepreneurs, regulatory experts, and noted academics around creative and bipartisan solutions to global challenges to our shared future. The first of four panel events, It Can Be Done Live: The Future of Our Seas, took place on September 10th, 2020.
Our oceans are changing rapidly and not for the better. Ocean acidification, rising sea levels, plastic waste, and overfishing are contributing to an unsustainable and unhealthy ecosystem in our seas. Can we find a way to reverse the damage? The panelists explored the potential of human ingenuity to solve these problems and the conditions necessary to make those solutions a reality. We say it can be done.
- Tom Bell, Professor, Dale E. Fowler School of Law, Chapman University
- Patrick Reasonover, Producer, They Say It Can't Be Done
- Scotty Schmidt, Co-Founder & CEO, Primary Ocean Providers
- Julie Friedman Steele, CEO & Board Chair, World Future Society
- [Moderator] Kimberly Hermann, General Counsel, Southeastern Legal Foundation
Visit our website – www.RegProject.org – to learn more, view all of our content, and connect with us on social media.