Listen & Download
Recently there has been growing discussion concerning the appropriate role of state Attorneys General. Some argue that state AGs have overstepped their boundary by prosecuting cases and negotiating settlements that have had extraterritorial effects, and sometimes even national effects. Others argue that AGs are simply filling a vacuum left by the failure of others (for example, federal agencies) to attend to these issues. In light of this debate, the Federalist Society hosted a panel featuring several state Attorneys General who discussed the proper role of state AGs.
- Hon. Donald Stenberg, Erickson & Sederstrom and former Attorney General of Nebraska
- Hon. Bob McDonnell, Attorney General of Virginia
- Hon. J.B. Van Hollen, Attorney General of Wisconsin
- Hon. John Suthers, Attorney General of Colorado
- Ms. Peggy Little, Little & Little -- Moderator
National Press Club,