In an effort to increase dialogue about state court jurisprudence, the Federalist Society presents State Court Docket Watch. This newsletter is one component of the State Courts Project, presenting original research on state court jurisprudence and illustrating new trends and ground-breaking decisions in the state courts. This special edition includes the thoughts of four experts on a panel hosted by the Federalist Society in May 2010 on California 17200, an initiative adopted in California in 2004 that restricts private lawsuits against a company only to those where an individual is actually injured by and suffers a financial loss due to an unfair, unlawful, or fraudulent business practice. Former San Diego Superior Court Judge Hon. Michael Orfield moderated.
- Remarks by William L. Stern, Morrison & Foerster
- Remarks by Scott Leviant, Spiro Moss
- Remarks by Jeremy Rosen, Horvitz & Levy
- Remarks by Professor Shaun Martin, University of San Diego School of Law
- Question & Answer Session