This panel will discuss whether we have Federal overreach in this environmental law area, such as current interpretations of the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, Clean Power Plan, etc., and what the appropriate roles for the Federal Government and Florida are in the context of environmental law.
This panel was part of the 2016 Annual Florida Chapters Conference at Disney's Boardwalk Inn in Lake Buena Vista, FL on January 22-23, 2016.
Federalism and Environmental Law
- Mr. Avi Garbow, General Counsel, United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Mr. Matthew Z. Leopold, Of Counsel, Carlton Fields Jorden Burt PA and former General Counsel, Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Prof. Erin Ryan, Professor, Florida State University College of Law
- Mr. Patrick Strawbridge, Partner, Consovoy McCarthy Park PLLC
- Moderator: Hon. Edward L. Artau, Florida 15th Judicial Circuit
- Introduction: Mr. Gregory Munson, Shareholder, Gunster
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Views and opinions expressed by the Federalist Society and its speakers are not necessarily shared with Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Walt Disney World® Resort.