Listen & Download
Cybersecurity must address complicated and interconnected threats of cyberattacks on critical infrastructure sectors, cybertheft of personal data, cyberespionage, cyberwarfare and cyberterrorism. It raises challenging practical, legal and policy issues, including what proposals would be effective, the scope of regulatory authority, the nature of information sharing and liability protections, and the preservation of internet freedom and privacy. This panel was held during the 2012 National Security Symposium.
Panel Two: Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure
1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Matthew J. Eggers, Senior Director, National Security and Emergency Preparedness, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Sharon Bradford Franklin, Senior Counsel, The Constitution Project
- Jamil N. Jaffer, Senior Counsel, House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Michael Vatis, Partner, Steptoe & Johnson LLP and former Director, FBI National Infrastructure Protection Center
- Moderator: Vincent J. Vitkowsky, Adjunct Fellow, Center for Law and Counterterrorism
Jones Day LLP