Listen & Download
Is the DC gun ban constitutional? Do Guantanamo Bay prisoners have a constitutional right to bring habeas actions challenging their detentions? Does Louisiana’s law authorizing the death penalty for child rape violate the Eighth Amendment?
Come to the Federalist Society’s luncheon panel discussion on “A Look Back at the October 2007 Supreme Court Term" on Tuesday, July 1, 2008, from 12 noon to 2:30pm at the National Press Club. By then the Court is expected to have ruled on these and other important questions.
Our panelists will discuss the Court’s term, what it tells us about the Roberts Court, emerging jurisprudential themes and trends, and the future of the Court. Audio recorded on July 1, 2008.
- Hon. Rachel Brand, WilmerHale
- Hon. Ted Cruz, Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius
- Mr. Tom Goldstein, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- Prof. Orin Kerr, George Washington University School of Law
- Prof. Nelson Lund, George Mason University School of Law
- Mr. Charles Rothfeld, Mayer Brown
- Moderator: Ms. Jan Crawford Greenburg, ABC Legal Correspondent
National Press Club